Treatments > Overjet
Overjet - Class II Overbite
Overjet, or a protrusion, is created when your lower teeth are too far behind your upper front teeth. This condition may have several causes.
- An improper alignment of the molars
- Missing lower teeth
- An imbalance of the upper and lower jaw bones
- Flared upper incisors
- Thumb or finger sucking
- Tongue thrusting
- A combination of all these causes
An overjet bite can:
- Impare proper functioning of your front teeth
- Lead to premature wear on your teeth
- Make your smile less attractive
Orthodontic correction for an overjet bite requires growth medication using an orthodontic appliance and/or elastics, which will reduce your flared front teeth.
Please call us at (310) 444-1113 or send an email to schedule your free initial consultation. We serve Southern California including Los Angeles (LA), Beverly Hills, and Santa Monica.
We look forward to hearing from you!